Please be sure your child gets plenty of rest, a good breakfast and lots of encouragement! Here are some good test taking strategies to review with them:
- Keep a positive attitude throughout the whole test and try to stay relaxed. If you start to feel nervous take a few deep breaths to relax.
- Keep your eyes on your own paper, you don't want to appear to be cheating and cause unnecessary trouble for yourself.
- When you first receive your test, do a quick survey of the entire test so that you know how to efficiently budget your time.
- Do the easiest problems first. Don't stay on a problem that you are stuck on especially when time is a factor.
- Don't rush but pace yourself. Read the entire question and look for keywords.
- Always read the whole question carefully. Don't make assumptions about what the question might be.
- If you don't know an answer, skip it. Go on with the rest of the test and come back to it later. Other parts of the test may have some information that will help you out with that question.