White Pine Families,
After taking advice from surrounding districts and health professionals, here is a current COVID-19 update from our district.
Coronavirus (COVD19) Update
We are continually monitoring this situation closely using guidance from the following official sources:
- Center for Disease Control (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/),
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/)
- Eastern Idaho Public Health (https://eiph.idaho.gov/).
While a heightened level of concern is certainly understandable, the communications from these agencies has cautioned against overreactions and panic. We do, however, want to make sure that we are taking the necessary precautions to minimize the risk to our students, our staff, and our community.
Here are the steps that we are asking teachers and staff to take immediately.
- Cancellation of all after school programs and postponement of community events.
- We will continue to disinfect desks, light switches, electronics, and other common surfaces.
- Custodians will have extended hours to disinfect the school each night.
- We are also encouraging teachers to help keep classrooms sanitized by working with students to keep desks and other common surfaces clean using approved disinfectants.
- Teachers will work with students to disinfect Chromebooks and shared keyboards regularly.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands regularly and will be performing hand washing drills.
- Most importantly, we are encouraging our staff and students to take care of themselves.
- If students are ill, especially with a cough and fever, please keep them home to get well.
- Students and staff are encouraged to wash their hands frequently with warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are traveling over Spring Break, please be vigilant in following these precautions.
At this time, we do not plan to cancel school in response to this outbreak. However, we are monitoring this several times a day and are preparing for procedures for school closures.
The Idaho School Board Association is having a meeting tomorrow afternoon and our district will be present during the call.
Thank you for your understanding as we work together to do what’s best for our students, staff, and community.
Your School Board and Administration Team